When Hurricane Matthew slammed into Haiti with 230 km/h winds, heavy rains and dangerous storm surges in October of 2016, you were ready to help.
You showed you cared about the most vulnerable children and families during a catastrophic emergency… those living in poverty with disabilities.
You showed your love by giving $207,230.
Thanks to you:
- 200 families received life-saving, health-protecting food and essentials
- 100 people received psychosocial support
- 3,500 people and families with disabilities were identified in the affected region and are receiving support
- 250 households are receiving chickens and goats
- 100 families are receiving gardening kits (1 shovel, 1 wheelbarrow, boots, seeds and fertilizer)
- 2 schools received roofing and structural repair (metal sheeting, nails, wood beams, screens)